If you have an Android phone or tablet, you can use it to set up your Android TV.
Note: This feature is available only on Android TVs running Android 6.0 and up, and is not available for all languages. Check for updates in the Settings.
If your Android TV can be set up with an Android phone or tablet, you’ll see a message on your TV screen asking if you have an Android phone or tablet. Select Yes and then, on your phone, continue with the steps below:
1. On your phone, find the Google search box on your home screen. Google search comes pre-installed on your Android phone.
2. In the search box on your phone, type “set up my device,” or just say “Ok Google, set up my device.”
3. From the list, tap the name of your Android TV. The name will be shown on your TV screen.
4. You’ll see a code on your TV screen, as well as on your phone. To confirm that these codes match, select Next.
5. Choose a Wi-Fi network for your Android TV to connect to.
6. Choose the account you want to manage your Android TV with.
When the setup is complete, you’ll have the option to download the Android TV remote app on your phone.